The Central West Human Resources Management Group (CWHRMG) was formed in 1993 as a forum for HR Managers in Central NSW. The group meets quarterly around the region with their vision and objectives being recently redefined as the following:
To provide our member organisations with strategic human resources direction and support to move forward with a sustainable workforce by expanding our knowledge, experience and resources through continual learning, regional cooperation and collaboration.
The CWHRMG is sponsored by Mr David Sherley, General Manager of Bathurst Regional Council.
For more information on the CWHRMG or if you are interested in making a presentation at the next meeting contact Carolyn Griffin.
Take Your Daughter to Work Day
In recognition of the Year of Women in Local Government 2010, Centroc has launched the inaugural Take Your Daughter to Work Day which was held across the region by participating Councils on 9 November 2010.
Centroc has committed to supporting this program in an effort to:
· increase the awareness in young women of the major opportunities for employment and career paths in local government
· foster the progress of women into managerial roles
· expand the scope of employment for women into non-traditional roles
· retain the youth of the Centroc region within our communities
· address the skill shortages in local government by “growing our own” qualified professionals
Centroc would like to thank Mrs. Ann Negendank, former Assistant City Manager of Pico Rivera, California, USA, for sharing her knowledge and experience in the implementation of the program. Centroc also acknowledges the resources supplied by the Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Foundation.
More information and tips for the successful implementation of the program can be found on www.DaughtersAndSonsToWork.org
If you have any questions about the program, please contact Lee Chapman