Centroc’s Energy Program aims to provide member councils with assistance in the following areas:
- administration of the e21 program and a greater understanding of member council electricity usage
- identification of ways to reduce electricity consumption regional electricity contract
- grant readiness
- a greater understanding of ways to procure electricity and how as a region it can be done better
- advocacy to pay less for street lighting including engaging with the Australian Energy Regulator (AER)
- support for other activities around distributed energy planning and management, and;
- support for renewable energy programming as identified by the Board
For more details on recent activities please view Centroc’s Annual Report
The Energy Program is sponsored by Mr Peter Vlatko, General Manager of Young Shire Council.
If you are interested in learning more about Centroc’s Energy Program please contact our Energy and Training Program Manager, Kate Barker.